Wednesday 21 March 2012

Theo Fleury sickened by sentence, warmed by response


The swelling indignation of a nation, says Theoren Fleury, gives him a sense of hope, something the justice system failed to.

“This is not about me anymore,” the former Calgary Flames star calmly repeated an hour after disgraced hockey coach Graham James was sentenced Tuesday to two years in prison for sexually assaulting Fleury and cousin Todd Holt during their junior hockey days.
“This was never about personal revenge. What does revenge do? Nothing.  More…
I'm glad Theo is so eloquent on the
subject. He has a great perspective.
Shacks’ Take: It’s great that Theo finally seems to have his life in order and such a good perspective on this whole issue.  I’m not going to write much on this subject because I may go ballistic but needless to say I’m on the side that believes Graham James deserves at least 10 years and if it were up to me, he’d never see the light of day again.
I’m glad the government wants to target grow-ops and marijuana dealers because there’s no way that money would be better spent incarcerating pedophiles.  I need to stop writing about this now.


No comments:

Post a Comment