Monday 12 March 2012

Lusetich thinks it’s Tiger’s body and not his game that will prevent his pursuit of history.


At this stage in his career, it’s safe to assume that Tiger Woods is playing golf to realize his boyhood dream of eclipsing Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 majors.
But he has to be able to walk before he can make a run at Jack.
On Sunday, for the third time in three years, Woods withdrew from a tournament due to injury.
The same left Achilles tendon problem that caused him to pull out of the final round of the Cadillac Championship sidelined him for three months last summer.  More…
Shack’s Take:  I know this won’t be popular with my girlfriend or most of the ladies but I hate what the scandal did to Tiger’s psyche.  Tiger’s personal life (and that of all athletes) is of no concern to me.  I don’t care who sleeps with who or what someone does with their personal time, I’m not the morality police I’m a sports fan.
Greatness in any sport usually comes along once a generation and Tiger was one of those talents.  I used to get excited to see if Tiger could beat the field and it was fun to speculate on how many Grand Slams Tiger would finish his career with.  Karmically, Tiger deserved his comeuppance but as a sports fan I feel I was ripped off from the opportunity to see something special.

No comments:

Post a Comment