Tuesday 13 March 2012

Randy Moss signs with 49ers – Fantasy Implications


As the 49ers struggled throughout the 2011 season to find consistency at wide receiver, it’s hard to imagine anyone expected this to be the outcome. San Francisco signed Randy Moss to a one-year deal on Monday night, ending Moss’ brief retirement from the NFL.
“I really didn’t know who was going to try me out, who was going to hook me up,” Moss said during a conference call after the transaction was announced. “The organization here pulled the trigger.”
Will this work? Well, that depends on a number of factors, each more uncertain than the next:  More…
Shacks’ Take: Ahhh my first fantasy football take, I love it.  Randy Moss is going to make things very interesting come draft day.  Three years ago, Moss was a top 5 wide receiver. Two years ago, Moss was the season’s biggest bust.  Last year, Moss was out of the league, so where does that put Randy now?


Wouldn't you want this guy on your fantasy team?


This mercurial talent has the ability to become a starting fantasy WR depending on who plays QB for San Fran and his upside is compelling.  His name might lure someone to draft him earlier but I wouldn’t have him in my top 25 WR’s on draft day, too much risk.  I’m a believer in making sure I have my solid starters before taking chances later in the draft and Moss is a huge risk/reward pick.  If you can pick him up later in the draft as your number three wide-out he’s a chance worth taking.  Drafting Moss to be your starter is a risk I’d leave for someone else.  Target Moss in round 7 or later or walk away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment