Monday 12 March 2012

Gillis thinks inconsistent officiating is a concern to the Canucks


His team is looking more vulnerable than venerable, but Mike Gillis knows the way the game is officiated -- especially in the postseason -- could determine how far the Vancouver Canucks progress this spring. And when asked how he can best address the hot topic without sounding like a whiner when NHL general managers meet Monday and Tuesday in Boca Raton, Fla., his response was understandable.
"I'm not sure," said the Canucks general manager. "It seems to be an odd circumstance but I'm sure it will be discussed and I'm not sure how many people feel the same way about it. I guess I'll find out."  More…
Shacks’ Take:  I think this would be a great conversation to be a fly on the wall.  There’s little chance the evil overlord Bettman would admit there’s a change and any team lacking talent (most) will benefit short term from the new ‘loosely’ called games.  It’s only the teams with high end offensive talent that benefits from tightly called games, well them and the fans who know the game but the Evil Bettman has never cared about them so I doubt that will change now.
My next full length Shacks’ take will tackle this topic in depth, come back Wednesday to see what I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment