Thursday 29 March 2012

Willes mocks Canucks Conspiracy theory

By now, of course, it's a well-known fact in these environs that a very sophisticated conspiracy exists in the NHL that has been designed for two purposes.
One, to screw the Vancouver Canucks at every turn.
Two, to call the games in a way that benefits a few select teams. These teams have yet to be identified. The operatives in NHL headquarters, after all, aren't amateurs. But it seems any team not named the Flames or the Oilers is in on the plot. The Senators might be excluded as well. This just means Stephen Harper isn't doing his job.  More…
There's no way the Evil Overlord would conspire
to further his agenda would he? No way...
Shacks’ Take: I’m starting to get a little nervous, I write takes on Willes lacking perspective and being the purveyor of negative articles and he writes an article praising the Canucks and asking for perspective from the locals.  Almost like he’s trying to make it hard for me to continue to mock his negativity. Next I write a take saying I believe in NHL conspiracies and promise an article explaining my position, and Ed seems to write a pre-emptive piece to assure people anyone that believes in conspiracies is ‘crazy’.
Is Ed reading my little blog and trying to discredit and mock me for taking him to task?  I doubt it, but it’s fun to speculate on what can’t be disproved.
Any way I must be wrong because once Ed’s written an article mocking something, it can’t be true.  He’s joined illustrious company like Scott Burnside (his anti-Canuck bias is the reason I ended my ESPN insider account, honestly), Adam Proteau (one of the many reasons I was glad my in-laws stopped buying me a Hockey News subscription – seriously don’t you wish there was a hockey magazine that didn’t suck) and Mark Spector (I don’t have to say anything do I Canuck fans) telling Canuck fans how crazy they are to believe in conspiracy theories against the Canucks.
You know what though?  They’re right, sort of.  There’s no way the league has a bias against any specific team. It’s not possible the 'Evil Overlord' Gary Bettman and his henchmen could get away with telling individual referees to call the games with a bias towards a single team.  Eventually some body would spill the beans and the league would lose what little credibility it has with its fans.
The league is much too smart to try anything that obvious, that would be crazy.  But that doesn’t mean the league doesn’t have ulterior motives that causes them to use the rules to their advantage. 
Soon I will explain all, then you can decide if I’m crazy (the answer is yes but perhaps not for my conspiracy theories).   

No comments:

Post a Comment