Monday 23 January 2012

Tim Thomas Skips White House Visit



The 2011 Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins made their long-awaited visit to the White House on Monday, but it was without the one player whose postseason heroics got them there in the first place.
Conn Smythe Trophy winning-goaltender Tim Thomas did not attend the visit hosted by U.S. President Barack Obama.
Thomas posted an explanation for his absence from the ceremony on Facebook early Monday evening.
"I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People," Thomas' statement read. "This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government." http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385861
My Take: Although I personally don’t agree with anything tea-party it’s Tim Thomas’ decision not mine, your or anyone else’s including Bruins’ management.  Mostly I think he’s denying himself a special day but it’s his decision to make.  No one could make me go to the White House if Ron Paul or Michelle Bachman got elected so I guess I ee his point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment