Wednesday 25 January 2012

Paterno Laid to Rest


UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- The line of Joe Paterno's former players and managers stretched around the sidewalk on two sides of the Pasquerilla Spiritual Center. Inside, on the stage of the Worship Hall, the body of the former Penn State coach lay in a closed wooden casket, a few dozen white roses splayed across the top.
"There were 17 years of guys I coached," Jay Paterno, an assistant on his dad's Nittany Lion staff, said Tuesday afternoon. "Four years of guys I went to school with. Ten years of guys I watched play."

Shack's Take: Oh how I wish we knew the truth.  What did Joe know and what exactly did Joe do about it? What should be a celebration of life for the greatest college football coach of all time is instead a day to debate what could have been and should have been done.  The wounds are still fresh and beyond Penn State students, staff and alum, there's still a lot of anger.  Since I don't know what he knew I'd like to give Papa Joe the benefit of the doubt, because it involved pedophilia I'm totally disgusted.  All I can say is RIP Joe Paterno, I hope you died because you were lost without football and not because of guilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment