Tuesday 24 January 2012

Peyton Not Retiring Yet - Also Not Happy

"I never thought 'Sodapop Curtis' would announce my retirement," Manning said, laughing, referring to Lowe's character in the 1983 movie "The Outsiders." "I always thought I would be the one to announce it. I'm a huge fan of the movie, but that caught me way off guard. I can't explain it. I know he (Lowe) is a friend of Jim's (Irsay), and Jim sounded surprised."

So no, Manning isn't on the cusp of retirement. In a wide-ranging, exclusive interview with The Star on Monday night, the Colts' future Hall of Fame quarterback addressed a number of pressing topics, including his health, his sadness over the firings of several coaches, his minimal relationship with new general manager Ryan Grigson and the future. 
http://www.indystar.com/article/20120124/SPORTS15/120124015/Kravitz-Manning-says-Irsay-not-Grigson-will-decide-his-future-Colts?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

My Take: In the longest interview since the season ended, Peyton touched on many subjects including the atmosphere in Indy which he doesn't sound too excited about, "I'm not in a very good place for healing, let's say that," he said, referring to the practice facility. "It's not a real good environment down there right now, to say the least. Everybody's walking around on eggshells. I don't recognize our building right now. There's such complete and total change." Later he tried to put into words how the changes are affecting him but he was at a loss, "One of the things about football is, it's a relationship business," Manning said. "Sometimes guys get fired, it goes across the ticker, 'Jim Caldwell got fired' and that's that. But when it's every day in a relationship business ... with Bill (Polian), with Marvin (Harrison), Edge (James), guys who retire, get cut, traded or fired, it's just really hard. I don't think I have an emotion for it."

Manning does mention his desire to retire a Colt and also his realization it amy not happen.  I don't think this article gives any indication of Peyton's future but it sure makes you realize Peyton Manning's not thrilled about the changes in Indy and he's  may be on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment